NYRR Open Run Volunteer Incentive Program
Terms and Conditions
Effective as of July 7, 2016
VOLUNTEER AT TEN (10) NYRR OPEN RUN SESSIONS AND RECEIVE COMPLIMENTARY ENTRY TO AN NYRR RACE. RESTRICTIONS APPLY.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE.
The NYRR Open Run Volunteer Incentive Program (“Incentive Program” or “Program”) is offered at the sole discretion of New York Road Runners, Inc. (“NYRR”). Incentive Program rules, terms, conditions, benefits or rewards (collectively, “Terms and Conditions,” “Program Rules” or “Rules”) may be modified at any time by NYRR, with or without notice to Volunteers who have signed up to participate in the Incentive Program or others. Such changes may affect previously accumulated volunteer credits, benefits, or rewards. Your continued participation in the Incentive Program following any change to the Terms and Conditions will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Accordingly, please review the Terms and Conditionsfound at this location on a periodic basis.
To receive complimentary NYRR race entries pursuant to the Incentive Program, you must set up or have an existing NYRR profile in the My NYRR system (“Account”), which can be accessed at https://mynyrr.nyrr.org/login. For additional information, you can learn more about volunteering with NYRR at http://www.nyrr.org/join-and-give/volunteer. To accumulate Incentive Program credits, which can be redeemed for complimentary entry into certain NYRR races, simply register and volunteer at any of the NYRR Open Run (“Open Run”) locations throughout New York City (http://openrun.nyrr.org/). Volunteers will receive complimentary entry into a select NYRR race of their choice* once they have volunteered at ten (10) Open Run sessions (*certain restrictions apply; see below).
NYRR has the sole discretion to interpret and apply the Program Rules, and all questions or disputes regarding these Program Rules will be resolved by the NYRR in its sole discretion. Neither the Program nor any benefit offered by the Program creates, constitutes or gives rise to any legal or contractual rights by Members against NYRR.
The Incentive Program is open to legal United States residents currently residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years old or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of legal residence, whichever is older, as of the date of participation. Employees of NYRR, and its officers, directors, and agents are not eligible to participate in the Program. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply.
Only individuals are eligible to participate, and each individual may maintain only one (1) Account. Corporations, groups and/or associated entities cannot enroll. If more than one Account is opened by an individual, only the Account that was opened first will be acknowledged; the duplicate (second) Account will be canceled.
- Volunteers must provide all required information to be eligible for participation in the Incentive Program. Receiving complimentary entry to an NYRR race through the Incentive Program is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Terms and Conditions. Non-eligibility will result in disqualification from the Incentive Program. By participating, volunteers agree to these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of NYRR, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Incentive Program.
- To volunteer at an Open Run, first set up a My NYRR profile/User ID and Account at https://mynyrr.nyrr.org/login. Members must have access to the Internet to participate.
- You are responsible for protecting your User ID. If your User ID is compromised, you agree to immediately inform NYRR. After the Membership Account is created and account information confirmed by NYRR, the Member becomes eligible to participate in the Program. You must be legally competent to enter into contracts to register with the Program. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Account and for maintaining the security of your log in credentials. You must not disclose log-in credentials to any third party for any reason. NYRR will not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind arising from a failure to comply with the requirements of this paragraph or any of your responsibilities under the Program Rules.
- Next, visit the Open Run site at http://openrun.nyrr.orgto select a location, date and time to volunteer at an Open Run.
- Upon arrival at the selected Open Run location, volunteers must check in with the location’s race director or their designee in order to receive credit for volunteering at that particular Open Run. It is each volunteer’s responsibility to make sure that their participation as a volunteer is accurately reflected in the online volunteer participation spreadsheet for which volunteers will be given access through a link emailed to them by NYRR.
- Volunteers may accumulate Open Run volunteer credits by volunteering at any Open Run location over the lifetime of the Open Run program. Volunteers will earn one (1) Open Run volunteer credit per race. Open Run volunteer credits do not expire.
- Volunteers will be eligible to receive a complimentary race entry e-certificate (“Complimentary Race e-Certificate”) every time they accumulate ten (10) Open Run volunteer credits, which can be redeemed for complimentary entry to one (1) NYRR race of their choice from a select list of races. A volunteer may earn a Complimentary Race e-Certificate each time he or she successfully completes ten (10) Open Run sessions as a volunteer (e.g., after every 10th session, 20th session, 30th session, etc.). There is no limit on the number of Complimentary Race e-Certificates an eligible volunteer can earn, subject to Program Rules.
Request to Receive Complimentary Race e-Certificate and Redemption.
- In order to receive a Complimentary Race e-Certificate, volunteers must contact NYRR at OpenRun@nyrr.org upon successful completion of at least ten (10) sessions as an Open Run volunteer. The email should include the volunteer’s full name, email address, a telephone number where the volunteer can be reached, and a brief note indicating that the volunteer has completed ten (10) sessions as an Open Run volunteer. Upon receipt of a request to receive a Complimentary Race e-Certificate, an NYRR Open Run staff member will confirm successful completion of ten (10) Open Run sessions as a volunteer and email and/or call the volunteer directly for the purpose of issuing the Complimentary Race e-Certificate and registering the volunteer for an eligible race of their choice within five (5) business days of receiving the request.
- Credits and e-certificates received for volunteering at Open Run sessions are non-transferable and may not be assigned, sold or redeemed for cash.
- Complimentary Race e-Certificates cannot be used for any of the following races: United Airlines NYC Half, Airbnb Brooklyn Half, TCS New York City Marathon, New Balance 5th Avenue Mile, NYRR New York Mini 10K, or any NYRR race that has reached capacity. NYRR, in its sole discretion, may deny use of a complimentary NYRR race entry for any race for any reason. NYRR’s race calendar can be found at http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-events/2016.
- Complimentary Race e-Certificates/complimentary races for Open Run volunteers are non-transferable, and cannot be assigned, sold or redeemed for cash. Volunteers are not eligible to receive a refund for any race they have already purchased.
- Complimentary Race e-Certificates do not expire and are valid throughout the life of the Incentive Program.
- Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States.
- There is no fee associated with participation in the Incentive Program.
- NYRR reserves the right to reject, revoke, cancel or suspend any Account, credit, Complimentary Race Certificate, race, incentive, or take any other action at its discretion, at any time with immediate effect and without written notice or liability to any individual, if NYRR believes: (a) the volunteer has (1) violated any of the Program Rules; (2) acted in a manner inconsistent with applicable law, regulations or ordinances; (3) engaged in any misconduct or wrongdoing in connection with the Program; or (4) engaged in abusive, fraudulent, inappropriate, or hostile conduct in connection with the Program, or NYRR or its employees; or (b) Company's provision of the Program and/or any associated benefits may violate any applicable laws to which NY RR is subject from time to time. Program participation may be revoked at any time.
- By participating in the Incentive Program, volunteers agree that any current or future controversy or claim between the volunteer and NYRR (including their former, current, or future related affiliated entities) and/or between the volunteer and any of NYRR’s former, current, or future partners or employees (in their institutional or personal capacities) arising out of or relating to the volunteer’s participation in the Incentive Program must be resolved by confidential, final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS, The Resolution Experts (“JAMS”), and conducted in accordance with the then-current JAMS Arbitration Rules & Procedures (the “Rules”) by a private and impartial arbitrator to be jointly selected by the volunteer and NYRR from a list of neutral arbitrators provided by JAMS. Volunteers further agree that the arbitrator shall have the power to award any remedies, including attorneys’ fees and costs, available under applicable law, except punitive or exemplary damages. Volunteers acknowledge that judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction, and that the award may be vacated or modified only on the grounds specified in the Federal Arbitration Act or other applicable law. Volunteers understand that any arbitration conducted pursuant to this agreement shall take place in New York County, New York.
- For more information about the Program and/or Accounts, or if you have other questions, see the Program Website http://openrun.nyrr.org/, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.